- An administrator completing a walk-through observation who wants to send the results to the teacher just observed, and/or another supervisor
- A teacher completes a grading rubric for each student assignment and wants the results instantly sent to the student
- A band director hosts a regional event asking participating schools to sign up via a form, but wants a copy of their submission information to be shared back for reference purposes
- A staff developer collects feedback on a professional learning event and wants to share the results with a team
The list could go on and on.
Several solutions exist for creating a workflow to collect information via Google form and then instantly share with multiple desired parties. The following is one simple way that anyone could get started on their own.
It utilizes an Add-On called Form Mule.
- Build the Google Form. *Be sure that you have one question with a drop down menu of choices of all your desired recipients’ email addresses.
- Make sure the form results are going to a NEW SPREADSHEET as the results destination.
- Go to the Google Spreadsheet where the results are being collected.
- Add-ons > Get Add-ons
- Search for FormMule and add it
- Add-ons > FormMule > Launch
- Choose source data and merge type.
- Set send conditions.
- Save and then edit template.
- When building the template, use fields from your form for both the send to (choose from the merge fields and the body of the email. (Add your email in the CC field and any additional info that you want viewable on every email.)
Preview and send all will go back and send to any previously submitted form results. Otherwise, complete a test form submission and try it out!